Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:02:51 -0500
>I was in his office the other day, and while talking about performing some
>MRI tests, I dragged out Medications and Mother's Milk by Thoman Hale. I
>gently nudged that it was an invaluable resource for any MD. He was
>intriged and spent several minutes paging through it and then asked, "Where
>can I get this? This is fantastic!"

My impression, over the years, has been that docs who aren't routinely
involved in breastfeeding are generally curious and receptive (and even
capable of enthusiasm like this doctor's), while peds and OBs generally are
not.  If this is what other people see, does anyone have a clue what the
reasons might be?  Lots of exceptions in both directions, I know, but
*overall*, it seems to me the non-mother-baby doctors are less of a stone
wall in the face of solid information than those who ought to be on our side
from the start...
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com