Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:57:33 EST
Sara:

 interestingly most "good" vets ask you to bring favorite food/toys and
blankets...

  sadly we are not as "considerate" of our children.

  here in chicago when the boluga lost its mom the staff arranges around the
clock companionship so the baby would not be alone BUT sleep with a child???

 <<
 Really, if you took your dog to be boarded and asked the caretakers to feed
 special, very expensive food designed just for your dog, wouldn't you be
 upset if they gave your dog generic dried dog food while you were away?
 Would you ever take your dog back to that kennel?  I think not.  This mother
 needs to find a childcare provider that she can talk with, not one that she
 is afraid she will alienate.  I know it is hard to find reliable childcare,
 but it is something she must do.  Encourage her to be strong and stand up
 for her child.