From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 19:53:07 -0400
Linda (and anyone else interested),

I download each digest onto a disk after I have utilized flashsession to get
them up so I'm not paying megabucks.  Each digest is listed on my disk as
0810.1 or 0810.2 or whatever - at least it gives me the date of the digest.
 If I was really together, I'd then go back into the disk later on and delete
the messages I didn't want, renaming the others.  With digest there really
isn't that much mail on a daily basis, so it doesn't take too long.  If you
are going in once a week, say, it will probably take a bit longer.

The disadvantage is that you do have to "read" the digest to save it, though
you don't really have to read it.  And it will only take a few seconds.

Jan B (who feels terribly smart that she has figured out this much and is not
completely drowning in lactnet paperwork.)