From:
Margo Trueman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:56:28 -0800
I second the hands & knees.  Having had a 10# posterior baby (with an almost
17" head to boot) I was determined not to have another posterior baby.  At
37 weeks my daughter was posterior and engaged.  I did Yoga (which included
a lot of hands & knees positions) and I had 15 hours of contractions that
turned out to be my daughter dis-engaging, turning anterior and re-engaging.
I gave birth exactly a week later.  I'm expecting again and you can be
darned sure that as I get into the third trimester (due in July) I will be
spending as much time as possible on hands & knees to help prevent this baby
from being posterior.  Once was more than enough.  I was lucky - although it
was a very long and difficult birth, I did succeed in having a natural birth
(in the hospital) with my son.  I wouldn't want to repeat that experience
even though it does give me some encouragement to know my body can handle it
if I should have another posterior babe.

Margo Trueman
LLL Leader
AACL (Southern CA/Nevada)