From:
Donna Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:39:00 -0700
Hi all,

I have a question for you all. How long does a plugged duct go on before
the warning buzzers start to go off that something is amiss? I have a
question from a mum who believes she has a persistent plugged duct but
red flags are going up when I read her question.

>>I have what my doctor believes is a plugged duct. About 1/2 to 3/4
of my right breast becomes rock hard and the skin bulges in a
wavy pattern when I have a letdown.  This started about 1 month
ago, it was small at first and has gotten progressively larger.
Until today it was painless but now my breast is slightly tender
and I feel a sharp stabbing pain within it sometimes, particularly
during a letdown. <<<

I have a lot of personal experience with plugged ducts and never had one
last more than 48 hours, usually resolved in 12 to 24. This sounds very
strange. I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience with breast
abcesses and other possible causes. Any ideas?

Donna Hansen
Burnaby, BC