Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 22:12:45 EST
In a message dated 10/31/99 5:46:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  On the back of the pamphlet, it
 states "only two milk banks will accept out of state donors" but it does not
 say *which* two.  Can anyone answer this question for me?

Triangle Mothers' Milk Bank at WakeMed in Raleigh NC will accept out of state
donors.

Now for my rant...just answered a phone call from a mom who said her milk  is
drying up. When questioning her ( baby is 23 weeks old and only gained 8 oz
the past month but Ped is not concerned because baby is at 50th percentile on
the charts) I discovered that she is bfing according to the 4 hr schedule
that is  a Christian style ( her words). Because the baby is sleeping almost
all night, the baby hasn't eaten but 5 times a day for the past month.
Yesterday the baby only ate 4 times.  I discussed the need for stimulation in
order for the body to produce milk and asked her if she would be willing to
nurse more frequently for the next 2 weeks. She agreed. We also discussed
Fenugreek, extra pumping etc. We discussed infant development, ages and
stages, needs etc but I didn't know how to say anything about the Christian
style except to say that some mothers have found that it the baby does better
with its growth and development by Mom watching the baby's cues and needs
instead of by following a schedule. Wonder where she heard about this
Christian style of scheduling???

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC