From:
Toni Myers Rn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:51:02 EDT
Hi all, i have been way behind in that in the last two months I have moved and
3 days later gave birth to a girl and have continued chasing my 2 year old.
now for my question.

I had a call from a mom who has returned to work she exclusively breast fed
while at home and now the baby gets ebm while mom works and is breastfed at
home after work and on weekends.  Mom states that she cont to have a good let
down reflex but has stopped leaking all together and doesn't leak when the
baby nurses on the other breast.  Mom pumps almost exactly the same amount
while at work as what the baby takes at daycare.  I told the mother that our
bodies make what our babies take but that I would ask the list for their words
of wisdom.  Is this mom losing her supply or is everything ok as long as she
cont to pump what the baby takes.  Should she increase her pumping frequency?

My other question is that the doctors office I work for is interested in
starting a pump rental as part of our lactation offerings, how do I go about
this?   finding out prices etc, best brands to use or at least check out?

TIA I always learn so much from all of you

Toni  RN, LC