Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 03:06:19 -0800
Sharon Knorr wrote:

"As unfair as many of the comments may be - based on
misplaced anger and unclear memories- the fact is that some moms did have a
very bad experience with LLL and unfortunately, they never seem to tire of
talking about it or painting  the entire organization with the same brush.
It is frustrating."

It is always the same - if a person is very grateful and happy with someone or
something that has been done for them, they might tell a few friends how
wonderful it was. But if they are not, or when they have complaints and the
feeling of being treated badly - oh, the whole world will hear about it.
Negative always gets more attention and tribune, unlike all the positive things
one does. I don't know wether that is some kind of programming we get through
the media, but my observations are that people think they have every right and
feel very comfortable sharing frustrating things that have happened to them even
with strangers. And - as strange as it is - somehow it is not considered good
manners to speak loud about how happy you are and what makes you happy. I don't
know why that is - maybe because someone might not be as happy as you and your
happy comments might hurt them... but really, people talk about misery, not
happiness and bond through such stories. Happiness and goodness somehow don't
have history - misery and tragedy have.

I don't have anything to say about Joan Wolf - I found the comments and people's
perceptions of what she wrote more interesting than all the bla-bla-bla she has
put in her so called book.

Christina Yaneva
National Association for BF Support
Bulgaria