From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:34:26 +0000
Barb,
You are getting me really depressed, as if I wasn't already! And I'm willing
to bet that Louisiana is more backwards than Wisconsin, but maybe not.....In
any case, take another deep breath. Before you do anything, you have to talk
to your director. Since she really went to bat for the bf moms, you wouldn't
want to alienate her by going to someone with second hand hearsay, and what
could be considered as a confidential meeting. If she is willing to go with
you, I would approach it from the standpoint of sexual harrassment, which I
think a statement like that would be. She could go to upper management
herself, since she is a director, with the info about their
statement/implied attitude. Of course a correlation can be made about
smoking breaks, and smoking areas, but this is far more serious, if true.
Good luck.

<<"2 attendees approached our director to tell her what a silly idea they
thought this room was.
They commented that nurses can use a closet or a bathroom to pump and (I'm
taking a deep breath now..)  then said, "Next thing you know, we'll have to
have a room for the guys to go in to masturbate.">>

Laurie Wheeler, IBCLC, MN, RN
New Orleans Louisiana, s.e. USA