From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:05:16 -0400
> My second wouldn't tolerate that, and she taught me that
>nursing every 15 or 20 minutes is just fine. I stopped counting or timing
>feedings - stopped thinking of them as feedings - and soon found that I
>could do all the things I needed to do with frequent brief interruptions to
>put my baby to the breast again.

My own experience to a T, which makes me feel concern about even the
Breastfeeding Answer Book's allowance that babies may nurse as often as
every hour.  That would have been about 4 times too little to please my
second one.  Oh, he'd have managed fine on less frequent nursing, but he
wouldn't have been such a happy baby and I wouldn't have been such a happy
mother.  Why are we so afraid to accept frequent nursing as normal?

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY