From:
Andrea Eastman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:02:42 -0500
Hello,

I received a telephone call from a woman whose 5 day old baby had
stopped nursing abruptly.  In the process of trying to determine
what was happening, I mentioned nipple confusion, and described
it for her.

She told me that her pediatrician and "lactitionist" had told her
that nipple confusion was a myth.  This threw me a bit.  I told
her that I have been working with breastfeeding mothers for
years, and have seen it before.  I told her "It is my
responsibility to share this information with you.  Then you have
to decide what you are going to believe."

Have any of you heard similar stories?  Since when is nipple
confusion a myth?

:-)
Andrea

--