From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 01:09:51 EST
okay, i promised to post about anything good that happened in the nicu. i was
in one yesterday and today. some good things DID happen while i was at this
hospital. for one, i did not get arrested. okay, it didn't get that bad.

good thing number one: i don't know how this happened, but a doctor came up to
me and introduced herself, and asked if she could ask me a lactation question.
after i was revived, we had a nice chat. thrush, of course. and moist wound
healing.

stick with me here. actually, i left out the nice thing from yesterday. a
neonatologist prescribed donor milk for my client's baby - the very first time
he had ever done so. and he enjoyed it, too. i made it so easy.

today, after the nicu nurse "caught" me trying to listening for swallowing
with my stethoscope - you know how noisy those places are - and threw a fit -
i was very nice, i swear - after that, the staff supervisor asked me into her
office and APOLOGIZED and apologized and asked me to be sure and introduce
myself thoroughly to everyone and not to go away mad.

bet they all know who i am tomorrow, anyway! can you believe it?

carol brussel IBCLC
*not* having a dream - happy new year to all, and to all some happy mothers
and babies