From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:12:06 EST
dear lonilu and all,

in a personal communication regarding a case similar to this, kathy auerbach
told me that it can take three or more weeks to begin producing milk in cases
such as this, with the interventions continuing. i have used goats rue
tincture with two clients so far and found that it seemed to increase milk
production on top of using fenugreek and blessed thistle, and reglan. this was
certainly what happened with my client, and she had a history of no milk
production with two other children. so encourage her to keep trying for a
while.

also, i certainly am becoming a firm believer in the idea that a surgical
birth artificially inflates the baby's weight by adding fluids that are
naturally excreted after birth, contributing to a weight loss that exceeds the
norm. so that might be the case here, too.

carol brussel IBCLC
cold wet denver, threatening to turn into snow