From:
Margaret Bickmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 05:50:55 GMT
Some say that lecithin supplements are helpful with this kind of thing.

Considering this mom's history of injury to the breast, perhaps a different
nursing position would help.  I'm just thinking that maybe the standard cradle
hold (or whichever position she is using most often) simply doesn't work well for
her breast.

Is she expressing from the affected breast during these episodes?  If not, or if
only very little, the milk in the breast may become saltier, leading her baby to
refuse that side.  She may have better luck getting her little duct-unplugger :-)
to nurse if she is expressing regularly (painful as that may be . . .)

Margaret
LLLL
Longmont, Colorado