Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 10:27:11 +0000
Don't speak too soon, Carol....in the UK there are at least two brands of
'organic' formula milk on sale in health (!) shops and wholefood (!!)
places.

I posted about this a few months ago,  noting some correspondence in  one
chain's customer magazine from a bf mother who intended to wean to this
stuff when her baby was four months old. She felt her own breastmilk was
too contaminated - her argument, as I recall, was to give the breast's
antibodies to her baby for the first months, and then to switch to the
organic formula so her baby didn't have all the chemicals that would be in
her milk from 20th century pollution.

One brand is based on organic goats milk and is called Nanny. Not sure
where it comes from. The other brand is Hipp, German-made.

They are more expensive than standard formula.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne