From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:17:07 -0400
> Those on the list who have Medela rental stations should have received
> "2003 Medela Rental/Retail Price List Addendum" recently. The information
> about> Classics is in the lower half of page 2:

Thanks Flossie, guess I should read my mail more throughly. And thanks Jan
for your cynicism - I needed a good laugh! Guess what I'd really like is
some more feedback about the new pump(PNS Advanced).  M-- claims to have put
the Symphony technology into the PNS.  WE have sold several of them, and I
have worked with three moms who did a test trial and were comparing the
pumps.  Two of the moms got better letdowns with the Advanced, but then
noticed that they didn't get as much milk out when the pump switched to the
pulling phase.  They both thought that it(Advanced) didn't pull as strongly
as the original PNS.  The third mom thought she got more milk with Advanced.
I too tend to be a little cynical (like Jan) and don't really believe that
new technology is always better than the tried and true.  I'd love to hear
from others who have worked with the new "Advanced" pump and/or from rental
stations that are renting the Symphony.
Peg Merrill, IBCLC