From:
Maggie Parke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:26:17 -0400
I am a lurker, but I just had to post to this.  My son is 14 months old.
When he was born the hospital gave me the standard "breastfeeding diaper
bag", complete with a can of formula.  In addition to that I got a baby
book (nice quality, I might add) that was provided by local merchants.
Their advertising was in the front cover.  I also got a hand made baby
bracelet and a certificate done in calligraphy.  The bracelets were made
by a "friend of the hospital" with donated craft items.  They were
heirloom quality.  I was appreciative of all these items, except for the
formula, I had no need for it so I considered it a waste....I needed a
diaper bag, and hadn't purchased a baby book yet.  The only item
provided by a formula company was the diaper bag.  The rest was provided
by the community.  Oh, we also got a new smoke alarm from the local
Rotary club and a radon test kit....

Are these "gifts" wrong as well?  I saw it as the community welcoming a
new member....

Maggie
breastfeeding mom and advocate