From:
Susan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:31:49 -0800
I was terribly moved by Brian Palmer’s letter, not
only by the body of work he brings to the
breastfeeding roundtable, but by his passion and
commitment to the field and to the global family.
Certainly this is the passion which moved the founding
mothers of La Leche League, the grandmothers (and
grandfathers) of lactation, and continues to move so
many of us today.  Some of us on this list may be able
to put Dr. Palmer’s work and tools to superb use.
Others of us may know just the hands to receive these
tools.  Please note we are encouraged to pass his
letter on, and continue his work.

I hope each of us will reach the end of her life’s
work with the satisfaction expressed here.  I hope it
revives fires in our hearts as mothers, as fathers,
and as breastfeeding advocates, however sleepless!  I
am reminded of the women and men I admire whose great
lives were approached one day at a time.  Each of us
has a gift to give the world.  How wonderful to give
it mindfully.

Susan Johnson  MFA, IBCLC
Salt Lake City, USA