Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2013 10:11:27 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Thanks Ruth. I don't think she is not pumping too much, or at least not  too frequently - it has been 1-2x/day.  I suggested block feeds and pumping to comfort only, with exception of after that morning feed for her return to work stockpile.  She is not back to work quite yet, but using a day or 2 of daycare because she can (or feels she must, because she is paying for it).  The one day she didn't bring enough was just this past week, after seeing me and beginning more frequent feeds, so that's understandable that she "forgot" to bring more, just in case.  The interesting thing is that this mom is very responsive to her baby, reports baby doesn't cry because she or her husband always pick her up before she gets to that point.  The baby was refusing more - at daycare would "only" take 3 oz; at home takes 3-3.5 oz if instead of feed.  When I was there, baby sucked but didn't appear to want more milk.  I don't think it's a case of mom missing cues or using pacifier inappropriately.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2