From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:44:00 EDT
Dear Friends:
     This too is a favorite of mine, and of my 26 year old daughter. Baby
April was born when my last daughter was. My big girl got engaged the same
time as Michael and Deanna.
     Early in the last pregnancy, Ellie mentioned wanting a home birth this
time. Her husband the dentist, poo-poo'd the idea. She let it go. Except
labor started in a blizzard, Ellie was at home and had a very fast labor.
April was born by the time her husband got home through the blizzard, to find
a pizza delivery truck in the driveway bearing the logo "We Deliver."
     Ellie breastfed for quite a while; there were some gently humorous gags
about wishing the baby would wake up because Ellie was lopsided, and putting
human milk in coffee by accident.
     Can you believe the wealth of detail I have in my brain about this silly
comic strip? I am shocked with myself.
     laughing,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE, craniosacral therapy
Adjunct faculty, Union Institute and University, Maternal and Child Health:
Lactation Consulting
Supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative