From:
"Krainz, Mary Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:15:44 -0500
Gayle, In response to who writes prescripts for the breastfeeding mom: We
have a specialized clinic also and so we have both Peds and OBs plus many
other specialties. The OBs write scripts for the breastfeeding mother. In
regards to breastfeeding if I feel something needs to be ordered I will call
the OB, get the OK, volunteer to call in the script and make a note in the
chart of the mother. They just need to cosign it. The charting is done
electronically and it goes fast. The MDs are happy and so are the patients.
It also gets your name out as part of the team. Mary Ann Krainz RN, IBCLC