From:
Rachael Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 12:25:44 -0400
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   [log in to unmask]
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]
Date: 95-07-16 11:49:12 EDT

Hello again.  I've decided to try using AOL so that I can get Parent-L (and
other mail) at affordable rates.  I am inordinately pleased with my AOL
screen name, LACTivist.  This is not the end of my experimentation.  I expect
I will try NETCOM or other direct providers at some point, so those of you
who are planning to contact me directly should keep your eyes peeled for my
postings of address changes.

About activism: IMHO it would be great if we could have a mailing list or
newsgroup devoted just to breastfeeding activism.  I am all fired up after
returning from the LLLI conference about getting organized, starting
campaigns for pro-breastfeeding  legislation and regulations at federal and
state levels (e.g., protecting employed mothers' right to breastfeed and
pump, warning labels on formula, requiring M.D.s to warn mothers of ill
effects of formula), mail campaigns against the formula companies, media
watch of references to breastfeeding, public relations campaigns (including
stunts!) against formula feeding and for breastfeeding, etc., etc.  What do
you all think of this?  How can it be done?  How much will it cost?

Rachael Hamlet
Another Breastfeeding Feminist Lawyer Mom from Hell