From:
jhroibal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:09:25 -0600
My children are 11, 7, and 3.5 years, the youngest of whom continues to
nurse 2 times a day.  My periods returned at 13 - 16 months, the time
frame lengthening with each consecutive child. All kids began solids
around 6 months.  # 1 had a pacifier. #2 sucked her thumb. #3 had
neither.

The first baby slept in a crib down the hall.  The second slept in a
crib in our room.  The third (still) sleeps in our bed.  With the first
baby, I woke *him* up at night so that my fertility would be delayed.
Everyone thought I was nuts. With #3, I think it was about 16 months
before my "first" period. And it was very heavy, actually a gusher. All
babies nursed several times thought the night until they were about 9
months old.

All in all, I've been pregnant or nursing for 11 years and I've
experienced less than 10 cycles.  As far as I'm concerned, this is a
plus!

Heidi in New Mexico