From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:09:48 +0100
Two immediate thoughts for the senator who is concerned about excess
exposure as a result of pending bfing legislation:

With just over half of women even considering bfing and only 20% still
nursing at 6 mo, even if nursing mothers *did* run around half naked, there
wouldn't be very many half naked women to see.

And women's feelings about our breasts aren't too different from men's
feelings about their buttocks.  Most of us aren't afraid to let a little
bit of cleavage (if there *is* any) show at the top, but our many years of
being cautioned to keep the bulk of that flesh covered aren't going to be
overturned by a law.  How low would the senator wear *his* pants, even if
the law said he could?

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY