From:
Susan M Kitts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:24:29 EST
I have been reading THE POLITICS OF BREASTFEEDING by Gabrielle Palmer.
She discusses this in her chapter Everything about Breastfeeding pp. 69.
She writes:  "One fact which I find fascinating is the example of kidney
transplants, whereby success is dramatically and significantly (in the
statistical sense) improved if the patient was breastfed, and their
chances are better if the donor kidney came from a breastfed sibling."
The reference she sites is:   Kois, William E., 'Influence of breast
feeding on subsequent reactivity to a related renal allograft', Journal
of Surgical Research, vol. 37, 1984, pp. 89-93.
I found this fascinating too.  Fun to be able to concur with the great
Dr. Jack.
Monique Kitts
LLL of Dalton, GA,
Wife to Shannon, Mom  to Molly (7/30/92) and Momma to
Andrew and Logan (9/17/95 & 9/18/95)
"The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly
this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed;
but a thing created is loved before it exists." - Charles Dickens