From:
Terry Tarling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:37:23 -0500
Yes I am aware of what normal baby stools look like.  I worked NICU for 8
years and like you have seen more stool than I care to remember!!  But
thanks for the parent resource Jacqui.  Getting back to the question.  Has
anyone had the experience of bright fluourescent lime green stools by the
baby while the mom was taking the "mini" BC pill??  Within a few days of
Mom starting the BC pill the babe started having these stools (babe had
good weight gain and no other effects) and the Mom was so concerned she
stopped the pill and baby's stools returned to normal.  It seems like too
much of a coincidence.... It is just a phenomena that I have come across in
my practice as an LC and am wondering if anyone else has had this
experience.
Terry Tarling RN, BScN, IBCLC
Red Deer, AB