From:
Frances Coss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:52:55 -0500
>Date:    Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:29:18 -0500
>From:    "Sharon Gollman, RN, BSN, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: S. Gollman's question: yeast
>This is a response/follow-up about the mother and infant who had persistant
>yeast.  I hope I stated that she had OALR and abundant milk supply.  This
>would explain why the baby was gassy and pulling off the breast, fussing,
>and not being fussy or gassy when given BM in a bottle.

Hello,
I am working with a friend who is nursing a 6 week old with thrush.  The
mother states that the baby is gassy, and pulling away from the breast (she
says his mouth must be sore, as he has white spots now).   The mother was
mismanaging the thrush medicine, giving him half doses to reduce the
gassiness.  She is on full dosage, but the yeast is not persist ant.
What please, is OALR.
I have not had this situation before.
Thank you,
frances coss