From:
Kathy Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 23:13:33 EST
Hello, I have a client who needs help with achieving an agreement for pumping
at work.  She would like to pump 2 times a day for 30 minutes but her employer
is giving her a hard time about the amount of time she is spending pumping.
Can you believe her employer is the local Health Department?!!!!!   I am
looking for some information on other breastfeeding friendly work
environments.  The guidelines if there are any for setting up a breastfeeding
friendly work place.  The benefits they offer, why they think giving these
benefits is important, and basically any information she can take with to arm
herself with.  I would assume the Health Department already knows the benefits
of breastfeeding to mother and baby, and I have plenty of information on that
already.  Unfortunately she is expecting to be called into her supervisor's
office tomorrow morning so any information as soon as possible would be
helpful.  Thanks in advance for you valuable information.
Kathy Hicks LD, CLE
mailto:[log in to unmask]