Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:10:30 -0500
Below is a post from the midwife who is working with the mother with the
redness around her areola. First is the original post:

"34 yr old gravida 1.   She is now 28wks gestation.  At 23wks she developed a
3 cm pink-red area all the way around her areola on one breast.  No
tenderness, no warmth to touch, just color changes. No changes in it since
she noticed it at 23 wks.   She may be just starting to  get a sm amount of
colostrum.  Her Dr. does not know the cause and wants her to see a surgeon.
She does have mild-moderate nipple retraction on that breast."

Update:
>Sandy went to the Milw. Breast Diagnostic Clinic this week.  They did a
>mamogram and found no indication of cancer.  The Dr. thought it may be an
>infection.  He gave her antibiotics and will see her this coming week for
a >follow up.  I will be pleasantly suprised if it turns out to be an
infection!  >I will keep you updated.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee Wisconsin

Mailto:[log in to unmask]