From:
Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 06:51:23 -0500
IBLCE approves CERPs for education, not ILCA.  I suggest you call IBLCE,
describe the set-up, and ask if they see any issue with CERPs being awarded.
That may give your hopsital administrators some comfort level.

From the scenario you have described, the education session is perfectly
arranged, with the *hospital* paying for the speaker, not a commercial
interest.  The ethics of our profession (and most helath professions), and
that of certifying bodies that approve continuing education credits --
require that the speaker provide full disclosure of his/her commercial
ties.  But that is all that is required -- prior disclosure.  The speaker
can speak; the credits can be awarded.

Liz Brooks JD IBCLC FILCA (ILCA Secy 2005-11)
Wyndmoor, PA, USA