From:
Kerry Ose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:58:24 -0400
Hello, all -- the writers of Salon.com's Broadsheet blog informed their readers today that they are
working on a long, stand-alone response to yesterday's NY Times article.  They hinted that the
response would be negative, largely because all the letters they have gotten from readers have
been negative.  One response they posted was from a reader who finds it patronizing that the
government is educating women to breastfeed but not providing reasonable maternity leave.

Now might be the time for some of us to write to [log in to unmask] to let them know why we
think government-sponsored ad campaigns that educate the public about breastfeeding are a
good idea, and to point out that the primary nay-sayers quoted in the article have connections to
the formula industry.  Salon regularly cries foul when industry cronies cast doubt on, say, global
warming research, so connecting the dots for them here might be helpful.

I probably won't write anything tonight because it's bedtime here in the UK (and I'm beginning to
experience brain shutdown, complete with aphasia and other symptoms of exhausted mommy
syndrome) -- so maybe I am asking some of you brilliant LN writers to do it in my stead...

Thanks,
Kerry Ose