From:
Winnie Mading <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:17:06 -0700
Here's a trick I found helpful as I took the exam in '85, 96 amd 06.  As I answered each question I kept a running tab in the "scratch" area in 3 columns, one for the questions where I was sure I knew the answer, one for those where I could narrow the choices down to 2 and the last for those where I was really guessing.  Then at the end I counted all the ones I was sure of, half the ones I narrowed down to 2 choices and 1/4 of those where I was mostly or completely guessing.  Believe it or not, my total was within 5 points of my final score and the final score was actually the higher one.
For some this would be an exercise in futility and frustration, but for others it helps to focus on how much you do know and not get overly upset over those questions that have you baffled.
Good luck to all the exam takers on Monday.

Winnie Mading