From:
Jackie Cesnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:05:07 +1000
I have had mothers with these sort of cracks which don't respond to thrush treatment very well either. They have all been postnatal however and one mother found after treating herself for thrush for 3 months that topical application of Savlon  fixed it in 24hrs. This would imply that the crack was infected with something, swabs were not conclusive. Its now made me wonder how many other "infected" nipples there are out there and maybe the hygiene procedures we employ for thrush actually get rid of infections instead!
Just a thought.

Jackie Cesnik IBCLC
De Novo Lactation Consultants
Vice President ALCA Vic
NMAA Breastfeeding Counsellor
Vic Branch Information Service Co ordinator