From:
"Linda L. Shaw MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:08:52 EDT
RSV is on the top of my "viruses to hate" list.  I wish we had a real vaccine
for it.  But, my experience over 20 years in general pediatrics is that
breastfed babies definitely fare better with RSV than their artificially-fed
counterparts.  Breastfed infants can and do catch RSV, but it is generally
much less severe and less likely to result in hospitalization.
Linda Shaw MD FAAP
Pennsylvania USA