From:
Helen M Woodman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 18:19:54 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Now, it is easier for me to do this, I think, as in the UK we don't have
 great opposing camps of *labelled*  parenting stylists - speak of
 'attachment parenting' to most mothers in the UK and they would look at you
 blankly. Similarly (thank goodness) with the Ezzos and Babywise - though I
 hear they are visiting Europe later this year.  Even Ferber is far from a
 household name.  I rarely visit a mother who is following any sort of
 babycare book in this way - the only one in recent experience was a mother
 who happened to be American, and she was very keen on the Sears (other UK
 lactnetters - is that your experience?).

My experience too.
Helen Woodman, Storrington, W. Sussex, UK