From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:50:34 -0500
Our Vermont public accommodation law also had mothers complain to the Civil
Rights Commission here in Vermont. The mom who left the airplane in
Burlington was awarded some amount of money (we never learned what) after
she felt compelled to leave the plane...

And when we passed our working and pumping law this year, the gal writing
the legislation asked us about what was the right way to have teeth in the
law - apparently the Legislature asked her to add that. The fine is very
nominal ($100, I think!) but the law was primarily to encourage employers
and employees to talk, not to be punitive....

Dawn Kersula in Vermont, who finds herself remarkably ignorant of these
matters -- I don't know what "redress" means legally, for example!