From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:52:17 -0400
Dear Jeanette, You so ably pointed out that mom's agenda isn't the same as
ours!  As BF helper we are focused on making the BF work, she is focused,
usually, on the rest of her life!  Because of lack of  knowledge,
culturally, on the importance of BF, she has the very secure feeling of "I
can always give a bottle."  I think Pam said last week   that this is  the
difference between the African moms she sees and others.  Yes, they   have
problems, but they are determined to  make the BF work.  Here they just
give up and chalk up one more blow to  their self-esteem.  Sincerely, Pat
in SNJ
PS: I loved your quote about what we believe about others, that applies
whether you are the LC-in or outside hosp, LLLL, Doc  or  NP.