From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:57:49 -0800
 I just went to the site, and found lots of the usual questions I get - it
may have helped to edit them, some, but in fact those are the normal way
moms ask the questions.

I also saw that the copyright is of 1999!!!  One thing to remember is that
the information and even the phrasing of breastfeeding education and support
has changed dramatically in the last 12 years...  The problem with material
in print, and now on-line, is that it lives "forever".

I educate our nurses and encourage our patients to look at anything older
than 5 years with a careful eye - sometimes there's nothing newer in some of
the research (trying to find items on the normal capacity of an infants'
stomach right now), but information for mothers can be found all over that
is much newer - and THAT is what should be used.

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
(One of the "oldies" trying to share my information with the "new-ies")