Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:23:42 -0400
Thanks to all of you for the wonderful support for my workplace difficulties
in now being banned from having my nursing baby accompany me as I teach
breastfeeding classes.  I am still weighing as to how I will proceed from
here.  Financial concerns prohibit me from walking out, although that would
definitely have the most impact!  I also love my job, and am very fond of my
clients, both big and little.
While posting privately to another lactnetter, I commented..."I love
lactnet...can ya' all move here?"  And then, a thought occurred to me...a
perfect little bf support world, kind of like Breastfeeding Utopia.  Just
about every medical profession plus a few others are represented on Lactnet.
So, why not have a utopia somewhere where we all can move to/visit for a
period of time to practice, where everyone works together as one to enhance
breastfeeding??  :)  We could all take turns working there, until we were
completely empowered and caught a vision of "what could be" back home. ( Ok,
so I am a little sleep deprived from a week plus of 5 children with the
nasty rotovirus! And, by the way, it devastated everyone it touched, except
for the 11 mo. old breastfeeding baby, who threw up a few times, nursed like
crazy, and quickly returned to normal! )
Back to Utopia....it sounds idyllic, but guess what also dawned on me???
If we could all have our organizations earn the "Breastfeeding Friendly"
designation, we'd be well on our way!  So maybe there IS hope.  I am going
no-mail as of tomorrow, to attend 1 day of WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator
training and 1 of our state LC annual "Breastfest"....Hallelujah....I need a
fix.  :) I hope to come back rejuvenated and renewed to fight the good
fight.  If you are going, look me up... :)

Jennifer Kneuss, IBCLC
Ohio, usa