Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:45:01 EDT
I'm sure you will all be happy to know that I received my first lot of
formula in the mail today.  When I bought DD her first "gonna be a mom"  gift (a
nursing t-shirt, of course), I decided to put my own name & address  down along
w/ her due date.  Wanted to see how much advertisement I would  get -- and for
what.

So far (and she is due August 2), it has been pretty innocuous.  This  is the
only store I did it at -- wanted to see how far afield it would go.   I
received an ad for banking cord blood, one to join the Ross Sunshine (or  Mothers)
Club, and a couple of other little things -- ads for portraits, that  sort of
stuff.  Today was a small box with two cans of powdered  formula -- one
Similac Advance and one Isomil Advance.  Checked the  expirations dates -- one was
November 2005, and the other was April, 2006.   I ALSO received two coupons for
Similac products -- one for $1 and one for $10  -- the expiration dates on
THOSE were November 1, 2004!!!  So while you  don't have to use the donated
formula immediately, you better rush out and use  the coupons before the baby is
three months old or they will expire.

Interesting.....

Jan in Wheaton IL