Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 07:52:04 +0000
I agree with the approach that babies who lose some weight should be
followed up need early followup.  But I think early followup should be
*routine* for all babies, not based on something which can be as
faulty as a weight.  For the amount of money the insurers are saving
on early discharge, they can throw some back for evaluation at 24
hours post discharge.  Close followup is better than what some places
now do, based on Neifert's suggestion, which is "automatic
supplementation when 7% down".  AAARGH!

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC