From:
Heleen Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:45:30 +0100
On 2 Dec 2002 at 15:21, Lynn Carter wrote:

> Milk can easily be donated to adoptive moms by posting at an adoptive
> nursing discussion board, say at parentsplace.com

Please, be cautious on when donating. Unfortunately on a Dutch breastfeeding forum a
weirdo has asked for donations and whe now call him 'the mothers milk fetisjist'. He
cons young mothers into thinking his wife has problems with nursing (can't nurse due to
breast cancer, mastectomy, along that line) and that the infant can't digest formula. I
refused because his e-mails where fishy and got threatened, it was a most unpleasent
experience.
Since then we advise moms to ALWAYS ask for a medical professional as intermediate.
(unfortunately we don't have milk banks).
---
Heleen Hayes
Agenda: http://www.borstvoedingsagenda.nl
Homepage: http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes