Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:24:03 EDT
Kristen,

You asked about the allergy symptoms resolving sooner rather than  later.  My
daughter's reactions due to wheat  (made her vomit)  and milk (made her
wheeze, gave her a runny nose, and later allergic salute  and allergic shiners -- a
true milk allergy)  disappeared the day  after we withdrew them from her diet
when she was 17 months old!

Dr. E Stephen Beuscher spoke at a recent LLLI Physicians Seminar  and he was
passionate about the anitinflammatory properties of humans  milk.  If you
remove the source of irritation to the gut, perhaps with  these anti-inflammatory
factors, the junctions between the cells are no  longer disrupted and things
settle down fairly quickly.

 His lecture is available as podcasts at the following URLs:

_http://www.lalecheleague.org/mp3/LLL_Podcast_AntiInflammatoryCharacteristicso
fHumanMilk.mp3_
(http://www.lalecheleague.org/mp3/LLL_Podcast_AntiInflammatoryCharacteristicsofHumanMilk.mp3)

_http://www.lalecheleague.org/mp3/LLL_Podcast_AntiInflammatoryCharacteristicso
fHumanMilkPt2.mp3_
(http://www.lalecheleague.org/mp3/LLL_Podcast_AntiInflammatoryCharacteristicsofHumanMilkPt2.mp3)

I find the whole concept of the need for healing without inflammation in
infants so fascinating.

Mardrey Swenson