From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 1995 17:00:19 -0400
Hi Melissa,

I've used the 90 minute thing with moms a lot, and it really is powerful.  I
like the part about "skipping" meals teaching us to not want more food....heh
heh.  Would that it would be so for some of us, for whom 90 minutes is often
an eternity - esp. if it is before coffee time... :)

For dimpled nipples, I think the syringe trick works the best - have a
wonderful picture of it working.  I think 20 cc syringes work best, though
having a variety is a wonderful thing.  Then the mom can take 20 seconds or
less to pull the dimple out, and the baby will usually latch on very quickly.
 More effective and quicker than using a pump because the diameter of the
barrel of the syringe is so much smaller.  Also less to fuss with and hassle
with.  And cheaper.  (One small commercial here - the Cutco knife cuts it
beautifully.  That's what convinced me to buy one.  It also cuts fingers very
nicely, so be careful!!)

The weekend continues to be lovely.  Spring in Chicago makes winter (almost)
worthwhile!  ;D

Jan B.