From:
Susan Majoris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:30:49 -0500
recomm. - I've noted the slight panic too when weight gain is not up to par
(?) at a week. I also keep a watchful eye on birth wts. at our hospital and
find it very interesting when the common birth wt. is below 7# at a time
when average birth wt. is statistically above 7#. Term babies are becoming
a thing of the past. Is this because we are interfering and encouraging
labor before baby took on those extra stores of fat/wt. needed while in
utero. As a result we are compromising babies with a lower birth wt. which
drops even lower with fluid loss/ etc after birth - so much more reason not
to interfere with a breastfeeding mom and baby - free access to the breast
with all sucking done there in the kitchen!
I think the Pedis should wage war on early induction.
Just sitting here thinking in Indiana, Pa. where change is a difficult
thing - I'm glad I'm here to help bring it on and I just love moms and
babies!!
Sue
At 09:12 PM 2/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Date:     Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:12:08 -0500
>Sender:   Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
>From:     Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  LACTNET Digest - 9 Feb 1999 - Special issue
>To:       Recipients of LACTNET digests <[log in to unmask]>
>
>There are 14 messages totalling 353 lines in this issue.
>
>Topics in this special issue:
>
>  1. Lactaid drops
>  2. Lame comments
>  3. Thrush and Tonsilitis
>  4. small french lesson
>  5. licence for shields?
>  6. Antidepressants
>  7. Hx of HELLP
>  8. Companies breastfeeding programs
>  9. Dr. Jain's info and video
> 10. old nipple shield
> 11. new born weight loss
> 12. <No subject given> (2)
> 13. LACTNET Digest - 12 Jan 1999 - Special issue
>

>To post a note  to the 2200+ subscribers of  LACTNET, send your note to
>To change your subscription options as in those listed below, send  computer
>commands listed below, via e-mail to:

>     To restart mail after being nomail -------------- SET LACTNET MAIL
>     To set lactnet to index version....................SET LACTNET INDEX
>        For Information on other commands------------    HELP
>              For Information on Search Functions-------------     INFO
REFCARD