Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 01:51:27 EST
IHello friends, I've see colostrum in the brightest of orange.  I noticed this
brilliant orange on the mother's white cotton dressing gown before she began
feeding, I thought it was dye from another piece of material where her milk
had soaked through and picked up the dye.  It just so happened that the sofa
she was sitting on had orange colours in its cover design. I asked whether she
needed to use a muslin to soak up her drip milk to save her clothes getting
spoiled by picking up dye.  She looked mystified and then realising what I was
thinking told me that the marks were dried colostrum!  I tried very hard not
to show my amazement, just mentioning that colostrum had a wide range of
colours!  What brilliancy the fresh colostrum must have been I'll never know,
but the knockout brightness of the dried remains was something to behold.
Kind regards, Helen M. Woodman, NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor.