From:
Sylvia J Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 10:35:24 EDT
Debby,

A couple days ago,  I took a non nursing baby  &  parents to a physical
therapist for craniosacral therapy.  I posted this information a few days
ago.   Part of what she said  concerned  the  the benefits of early
breastfeeding when the colostrum was present with low volume fluid.  She
said that the act of breastfeeding helps the baby round his own head
(correcting the changes caused by birth).    With low volume fluid in the
mouth the pressures are greater,  so baby's head gets back to round more
quickly. Iis that one of the  reasons  God gave moms colostrum?

sylvia boyd, CLE
mailto:[log in to unmask]