From:
Kathy Chiu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:06:36 -0400
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:56:23 -0400, [log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I don't know of a number, but you can refer him to Tom Hale's book
>Medications in Mothers' Milk.
>
>Kathleen
>
>At 12:40 PM 8/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Can someone tell me what the 800 phone line is for checking medications.
>>I have a MD who would like the number.  I searched the archives for  it
>>but I think I didn't use the right word.
>>thanks,
>>Rachel Pfab RN, IBCLC

>>LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
>>mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
>>http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html
>

>Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet
>Independent Consultant
>http://homepages.together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html
>LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html

>LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
>mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
>http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Here is Georgia, we are able to use our Georgia State Poison Control
Center at Grady Hospital, for breastfeeding and medication questions.  The
recently retired director, who ran the Center for many years, was Dr.
Lorne Garrettson, a wonderful advocate for breastfeeding.  He made sure
his counselors were trained and had access to the most recent info on
breastfeeding and drug interactions.  They have always had the latest
editions of Hale and Yaffe, Briggs, et al.

They have an 800 number, but you will just have to try it and see if it is
able to be used by other states, (800-282-5846).  Otherwise, their direct
number is 404-616-9000.  This is run by the state and available 24 hours a
day, 365 days per year.

Kat Chiu, IBCLC
Director of Sales
Whisper Wear, Inc.