Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:40:14 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Jaye,
It was nice reading your thoughts about the Breastflow.  I am thankful there are various types of nipples on the market, because I think we've well established that one won't be best for every baby.  :)
What stuck out in my mind as I read your post is that you teach moms how to use it, and compression, etc. often means baby needs additional help with their suck.  These are two of the reasons I dislike this nipple...it is hard to use, and often used poorly without help (and we know many moms will try the bottle without help first).  Perhaps there are a few other shapes on the market that provide better mouth placement without instruction.  
Also, I agree with you about lack of desire to try other brands with marketing woes.  That being said, Breastflow is one of the worst offenders in my eyes with packaging, as it claims to be "perfect for breastfed babies," "the only nipple that uses the same motions as breastfeeding," and "patented nipple, alternate easily between breast an bottle."   Really?  You can patent that?  If I have time for only one example of misleading packaging when I speak, I use the Breastflow.  
Warmly,
Amy Peterson

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2