Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 18:42:23 EDT
Hi all,

I have been lurking primarily as my son has been hospitalized at John  Muir
Behavior Services for the last 14 days.  Joshua Mandela Poinsett  is nine and
newly diagnosed with partial complex seizures and bipolar  disorder.  On
Wednesday he is having a MRI of the brain to rule out a tumor  in the brain and
brain stem.  He has been having chronic headaches and  vision changes.

I am back working clinically part time and doing program consulting and
grantwriting.  I am the sole support of my son and I.  It has been  quite the
journey moving from Modesto CA to Petaluma CA, son being hospitalized  for 8 days
first in Vallejo CA and being forced to resign from my "dream job"  the day of
the first hospitalization March 29th.  Obstacles have been too  numerous to
count.  My plan to open a private pediatric practice is on hold  until the fall.

I would greatly appreciate any positive energy and or prayers for the  health
and well being of my son.

All the Best and Happy Mother's Day,

Pierrette Mimi Poinsett MD FAAP
Petaluma CA